More Indians Died Taking Selfies Than Anywhere Else In The World
By Amar Shekhar
Short Bytes: Selfie is the new trend over the Internet. Every day we see a lot of pictures posted over social media with the pout faces. Well, you might find taking a selfie an easy and safe task but it is not as easy it sounds. Let’s take a deeper insight into the selfie accidents.
Some of the peculiar instances of deaths while taking selfies in 2015 were:
- Indians taking selfies died while posing in front of an oncoming train,
- In a boat that tipped over at a picnic during selfie
- on a cliff that gave way and crumbled into a 60-foot ravine
- on the slippery edge of a scenic river canal.
- Misstepping while taking selfies
- Being swept away in the sea while taking a selfie at the rocky beach.
Related to the deaths because of selfies, Mumbai police has to go a step further to prevent these deaths. They said that they had identified more than a dozen “no-selfie zones” around Mumbai. These no-selfie zones are those fatal points in Mumbai where chances of kissing the death were more than avoiding it.
On the other hand, a populous country like India has seen a growth in the selfies where some of the social media campaigns are purely based on the selfies and even one of the most popular Prime minister Narendra Modi has been seen taking selfies.
Add your views about this story in the comments below.
The post More Indians Died Taking Selfies Than Anywhere Else In The World appeared first on fossBytes.